Friday 24 August 2007

Pepper and herbs?

Everyone knows that mr. Salt can be bad for you. But what about it's table partner, mrs. Pepper? I thought i'd find out, as recently I've started putting it on everything from my sandwiches to my cereal.

Because of the absurdity of the range of views out there on the benefits of pepper, I thought I'd share some of them with you.


Website number 1 womenrepublic.co.uk
Ok, it's a 'womens republic' website, so it's bound to be a bit silly..
Its idea: Pepper in no way can be bad for you. Instead, it helps you absorb nutrients from all the lovely salads we eat.

Website number 2 uk.answers.yahoo.com
Yahoo answers - probably even less reliable than a womans republic website.
Its idea: We don't actually digest pepper. However it gives stomach bleeding and carries viruses and bacteria. Woo.

Website number 3 shirleys-wellness-cafe.com
Oh my.
Its idea: If you give pepper to someone that's dead, they come back to life, and want to be taken back from the hospital so they can mow their lawn. Of course.

Website number 4 ezinearticles.com
'Expert Authors Sharing..' supposedly.
Its idea:

Good points

  • Helps people suffering from piles
  • Makes you need to wee
  • Breaks down the flab
  • Sniffing it helps you stop smoking
  • It's an anti-carcinogenic

Bad points

  • It's a carcinogenic
  • It makes you bleed
  • It kills sperm and inteferes with the sex proces.

No contradictions at all there then.

So i guess the conclusion from all of that must be that really noone knows much about pepper. Although everyone needs to remember to carry some pepper on them, incase they see a dead person. Remember, pepper is always better than a defibrillator.

By the way, I don't really put pepper on my cereal.

No comments: